Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday Tips and Tricks - Christmas Edition - Week 3

How to get teens and pre-teens EXCITED to help Decorate for Christmas

A friend told me recently how excited he was to go pick out his tree with his daughter and get it decorated. Later he told me that she wasn't all that into it. 

Of course as an adult, i know what she doesn't... she missed a HUGE opportunity to make memories with her dad. My goodness, none of us are going to be here forever. She's not going to be at home forever. 

I would not trade the memories of my silly Nan dancing in the living room singing "oh Christmas Tree" for ANYTHING... and this girl...well, she honestly just acted like most teenagers. My kids don't help me decorate either, but it doesn't bother me. I enjoy every bit of decorating the house for Christmas....heck! I practically vomit Christmas and they just let me do it cause it makes me happy. 

BUT if you are a parent who desires to make decorating a family affair and your sweet little angels are acting like the Grinch,  here's my suggestion... 
Speak their language 
(Cause kids don't appreciate "memories")

Explain to them that you will put the same effort and time into purchasing their gifts as they put into all the other stuff that makes Christmas full of amazing memories. They only want one strand of lights on the tree...fine...they get one gift. 

I bet your house will be lit up like the Grizwolds in no time!!!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
K

No comments: