I have prayed with and talked with too many women who feel that they are expected to make the "big effort" and invest in people who consistently choose others over them. These women feel like they are expected to put first people who have consistently put them second.
Honestly, I don't know what to tell them outside of "Jesus puts you first. HE is always worthy of being first in your life. He will never leave you. He will never forsake you. He will ALWAYS be there for you." I believe this completely and find so much comfort in these promises, but feel that, for someone who doesn't follow hard after Christ, more "tangible" suggestions, thoughts, etc. are needed.
So, I'm curious, who gets the effort in your life? How do you determine who gets the effort? Why do you invest in the people you invest in? These are the questions that come to mind:
"WHO do you invest in?"
- Who gets the effort?
- Who do you drop everything for?
- Who do you adjust your schedule to accommodate?
- When making plans with multiple people, who's availability determines the date and time?
- If time is synonymous with value, who do you value most?
"WHY do you invest in them?"
- Because they need you most?
- Because you have a deep meaningful history with (and love for) them?
- Because they are family?
- Because they share your life daily?
- Because they invested in you?
- Because they make your life difficult if you don't put them first?
I'd really like to know various thoughts on this. Feel free to comment or, if you don't want to publicly comment, contact me via email.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!