Monday, May 16, 2016

Answered Prayers

When we prayerfully ask for things that are in line with Scripture, God will give us what we ask for. Many times we think that God isn’t answering us, or even hearing us, but the truth is, sometimes what we ask for isn’t what we really want.
I constantly ask God to fill me with His love, mercy, and grace. I ask Him to cultivate the Fruit of the Spirit in me so that my life is characterized by Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
What I WANT is for God to miraculously transform my heart into something beautiful and pure, filled with joy and peace; a heart that is good, faithful, gentle, and kind, and emotions that are self-controlled. What He gives me, time and time again, are situations that require me to choose love, opportunities to choose to show grace.  I find myself in the midst of people and circumstances that try my patience and force me to choose whether or not to respond with kindness, gentleness, and goodness. I am tempted over and over again and forced to choose self-control over self-indulgence. And, little bit by little bit, God gives me what I asked for.
What are you asking God for? Are you missing out on God’s workings in your life because you are asking for the right thing, but wanting really wanting something else? If so, join me in prayer
Father God, I love you and I know many of the areas in my life where I need your help. I know the things I should ask you for. It’s hard Lord, to see beyond that I want to what your Word says you want for my life. Help me Lord to see where I am missing your workings in my life because I expect you to answer my prayers a certain way. Help me to look for your hand in my life and to see where you are working. Help me to become a more mature Christian who absolutely delights in YOU Lord. Help me to truly desire the things you want for my life Lord.
 
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 (ESV)


No comments: