Friday, April 23, 2010

Do I trust God?

I say that I trust God. I do believe that I trust God. One of my Spiritual Gifts is Faith and I do see that evident in my life. I do believe that God has a plan and a purpose for me and for everyone else and I do understand that it is okay if I do not understand what His plan is for me and it is even okay if I don't like His plan. He is God and He knows better than I do, knows more than I do, and He alone sees the big picture.

BUT

It is so much easier for me to trust God with BIG things than it is with little things.It is natural for me to run to God with monumental situations.....yet I hang on and grit my teeth and struggle through the every day "little" battles on my own.

FOR EXAMPLE

I ran to God, searched His Word for guidance and prayed diligently for His will and for understanding of His will when.....
I had cancer
I thought I had a miscarriage when I was pregnant with Brian
My sister ran away from home as a teenager
The doctors thought something was wrong with Calvin's heart
Chrsta's neice was born with a heart defect
Christa's neice went to heaven
Calvin's dad lost his fight with cancer
I made a carreer change
We bought a house
We decided to have a second child

And while I do seek God every day, I am ashamed to say that my daily interaction with my Lord is not the same searching, yearning, and passionate desire for His will that I experience when i am facing a huge battle.
So, this morning I wonder what my life would be like If I passionatey saught HIS will and HIS ways in the "little" Battles.....

What if I took God's hand each morning, searched His word, and  asked Him to help me.....
Care for my husband, be Calvin's helpmate, without the need for his approval and praise
Nurture and care for my children and prepare them for adulthood
Care for and manage my home and family so that our home is a safehaven, a peaceful place for them to rest and retreat from the demands of the world.
Work with effeciency and puncuality at the bank so that those that work with me have less load to bear
Be pleasant, positive, and gracious in all things so that anyone around me will see a glimpse of the love of my Savior.

I'll stop there. I cannot help but come back to this from time to time because I am realizing more and more that the seemingly SMALL things are where I am losing the Battle. Satan does not stand much of a chance when i am facing a huge battle, but when the BIG battle is over, I take off my battle gear and....well, i am an open target.

Scripture DOES speak to such things......

Colossians 3:22-24
22Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Philippians 4:6-7
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Now, I know that we aren't slaves, but I do have a boss at work and Colossians definately applies to work as we know it. Work as though working for the Lord.

And in Philippians..... Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING........not just the big things......because, at least in my life, the Devil's in the little details.

Hugs
K


1 comment:

Haven said...

Okay I may not know you, I have a question.Are you Baptist,Methodist,Presbetarian,or catholic?Sorry I just wanted to know.I`m Baptist.