Saturday, September 26, 2009

"There's still light in there"

"There's no light left in this lightbulb"
Brian was quite frustrated. He'd been trying for several minutes to turn on the lamp in the living room. In his 4 year old mind, if the light would not turn on, then there must be no light left in the bulb. In reality, there was nothing wrong with the bulb...I had unplugged the lamp.


Do you know anyone who's light has stopped shining?

Maybe even know someone who doesn't seem to have a light?

Perhaps, your light is a bit dim?

I know that there are times when I feel like there is no light left in me. We all go through periods of time when our light dims...or even goes out.

Is that because there is no light left in us?

No, just like the lamp in my living room, our light won't shine if we are unplugged! Every time my light has dimmed (or gone out)....I have been unplugged from the source of power that makes me shine. Every time, without exception, I have distanced myself from God, and, just like the lamp, I can't shine without being connected to the power source.


Think about the woman that came to mind earlier when I asked if you knew someone with a dim light.

 Is she plugged in?
So often, we pass judgement on our sister whose light is flickering.
We would be wise to consider the unplugged lamp. Like the lamp...the light is in there....she just needs to get plugged in to God so she can shine! And like the lamp, our sister likely will not be able to plug herself in....she may need a concerned sister to help her out.

We are all in this together! We are sisters in Christ...daughters of the Most High God!Remind the women in your life that the creater of the universe loves them like CRAZY!
And always remember...God Almighty is the Lover of Your Soul! You are a princess...and your Father is the KING of kings!

Now, let that light SHINE!
 


Hugs!
K

No comments: